2012年2月9日星期四

I Still Love High Heels, But...

There was a time when I chose cute shoes over comfort shoes. When little things like, oh – whether or not I could walk in the 4" heels – didn't stop me from wearing them to Fashion Week.

Then all my shoe sins caught up with me (and my ankles, and my knees.)

Yesterday I received a lovingly wrapped box from Piperlime (which has great sales, BTW) and in it was a gorgeous pair of suede ankle boots from Nine West. I mean, stunning!

But how had I missed that enormous heel in the online photos? I knew before I even pulled on these ankle boots that they would hurt my feet. Sure enough: they were painful.

I tottered around outside on the patio to show the kids.

"Why are you walking so funny, mom?" one asked.

"Wow, you sure are tall," said another.

I convinced myself that with a little breaking in, these would be the booties of my dreams. Just a little stretching was all it would take to make them walkable for the city streets.

When I couldn't even make it down the hall to look at myself in the full-length mirror, I realized that my high heels are probably over. Despite my best efforts to wear them forever.

I rewrapped the shoes and slipped on a pair of – gulp – comfort suede heels that I already owned. Not nearly as cute. But much smarter. And that's got to count for something….

1 条评论:

  1. Though many of us love high heels, others don't wear them very often. Some are intimidated by high heels, while others have just never had the occasion to wear Christian Louboutin high heels
    .

    回复删除