2012年5月3日星期四

Christian Louboutin - the man, the shoes, the colour red

Not only am I an absolute shoe affectionado, I also just shared the same air space as shoe maestro Christian Louboutin himself. I didn't love him enough before then I shoe-ly do now, he was quietly contained, charming, and passionate. His love of shoes, design, and the female form came across with every word he spoke.

20 years of the red sole

I'm at the Design Museum in London for a preview of Monsieur Louboutin's landmark show. It is 21 years since he opened his first shop, close to Notre Dame in Paris, and 21 years since he introduced the iconic red sole which was to be his trademark. In true style, he is wearing a red jumper today; as his coined phrase goes 'Red is for luck. Red is for love. Red is for passion. Red is for Louboutin soles'.

I'm given 30 minutes to fall head over heels in love with a man that I already have an undiluted love for; he has me at three. I'm charmed by his raw love of designing. He tells us that being the best know shoemaker in the world was never on the agenda for him, it wasn't in his master plan. Becoming the creator of every woman's favourite footwear was simply a by-product of Christian Louboutin pursuing his own passion. All he ever wanted to do was to make pretty things for beautiful women and by god did he get his wish.

没有评论:

发表评论